I'm counting down my ancestral lines, working with my 3rd Great Grandparents.
Today, #43... Margaret McElveen.
I am very confused on this family line, so have left it only at Margaret for now. Can you help?
Connected to Margaret MCELVEEN through:
4. Charles Ernest Loops II (1906-1977)
5. Laura Melba Dekle (1908-1994)
10. Deroy "D.R." Dekle (1880-1958)
11. Levietta Serena "Levie" Williams (1879-1955)
20. Remer Dekle (1858-1902)
21. Mary Jane Bowen (1858-?)
42. SILAS EVERETT BOWEN was born on 5 Jan 1815. He died on 14 Sep 1886 in Bulloch Co., Ga.
43. MARGARET E. MCELVEEN was born on 10 May 1822. She died on 18 Nov 1879 in Bulloch Co., Ga.
Children of Silas and Margaret: Elisha W. Bowen (1844-1865), Macey Ann Bowen (1846-1921), John Basal Bowen (1848-?), James Elias Bowen (1850-?), Moses Jackson Bowen (1852-1936), Deborah Bowen (1856-?), Mary Jane Bowen (1858-?).
I have previously had in my database, Margaret's parents as William Emanuel McElveen and Elizabeth "Betsey" Wise, but she is listed as a FOSTER CHILD. So, because this is genealogy research and not "where they lived" research, I'm not adding those as her parents.
Additionally there seems to be some confusion with another Margaret McElveen listed as the child of William and Susannah Harvey. This might be possible, but as of yet, I do not have any sources other than "online trees", and we all know how that goes.
If you have any information, sources, details, etc. to share on this family, please leave me a comment!
If you have any information on this family, please leave me a comment!